Our first cybersecurity and data privacy podcast provided a journey through U.S. data privacy laws and their impact on global companies. This installment offers insight into the latest privacy developments outside of the U.S. with an international perspective on the most impactful privacy regulations that have been introduced in the last 12 months. Key themes:
- Development and refinement of privacy laws across an increasing number of jurisdictions
- Regulatory enforcement development in line with digital adoption
- The GDPR baseline
- ICO’s Age-appropriate design code
- Proposed reforms to Data Protection law as a result of leaving the EU
- Increasing expectations on technology communications companies
- The impact from Schrems II
- Incident response and managing data breaches
- ICO’s priorities and Regulatory Sandbox
The data privacy landscape is constantly developing, and the UK and Europe continue to act as a regulatory checkpoint for many countries where further regulation is coming into play.
© Copyright 2022. The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not necessarily the views of Ankura Consulting Group, LLC., its management, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, or its other professionals. Ankura is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice.