The real question isn’t if a cyber-attack will occur but when, and this can pose a fundamental threat to an organization's value.
In this month’s cybersecurity and data privacy podcast – ‘A day in the life of....’ Lewis Pedley interviews Ankura expert Danny Howett as he offers insight into life as a Threat Actor Negotiator within our incident response team, and the importance of recovering value for our clients as quickly and efficiently as possible. Key themes:
- Ransomware, web-based attacks, and data exfiltration
- Cybercrime investigations and law enforcement
- Negotiation techniques, traits, and terms
- Threat actors – Dark web – chat platforms
- Understanding threat actor motivations
- Data back-ups, robust cybersecurity plans, and recovery methods
© Copyright 2022. The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not necessarily the views of Ankura Consulting Group, LLC., its management, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, or its other professionals. Ankura is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice.