A Roundup of the Month's Global Cybersecurity Threats, Threat Actors, and Popular Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Techniques to Watch
Each month, the Ankura Cyber Threat Investigations and Expert Services (CTIX) team prepares this report to educate executives, cyber professionals, and end users about the latest malware threats, threat actor activities, and vulnerabilities impacting organizations across the globe that your organization could encounter.
The February 2023 FLASH Wrap-up report includes a roundup of the critical threats, vulnerabilities, and techniques your team should know to start preparing your business now.
Highlights from the February roundup include:
- HardBit 2.0 ransomware tells victims to share cyber insurance policy details prior to establishing ransom amount
- Threat actors are capitalizing on ChatGPT's popularity to spread Windows and Android malware
- New threat profiles to watch: NewsPenguin and Clasiopa
- WordPress plugin for real estate websites contains vulnerabilities allowing for a website takeover
- Internet analysis finds nearly 19,000 Vmware ESXi servers vulnerable to the ESXiArgs ransomware campaigns
- CTIX analysts provide a deep-dive on the ESXiArgs campaign along with four steps to mitigate the risk of exploitation here.
GET OUR CYBER INTELLIGENCE UPDATES
Never miss critical cyber intelligence updates.
Sign up for the Ankura FLASH Update for weekly threat intelligence to help prepare your business for encountering emerging threats.
© Copyright 2023. The views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not necessarily the views of Ankura Consulting Group, LLC., its management, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, or its other professionals. Ankura is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice.